Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Free Educational Resources (Cook Books, College Texts for Culinary Classes) Etc



Any of you attending college or have in the past are aware of the costs associated with college texts. Any chance I get to hear about free resources I am in and wanting to know more as many of these books are not only the current texts for many college courses if there has been an updated version there is usually very little to no difference. The majority of the recipes are the same if anything they may have added an additional resource which is easy to obtain from the instructor or online.

I recently was informed of a few site one being Wiley which is a score considering they rarely share resources and when they do the costs associated with any open resource is only discounted. It looks like we may have bee\n lucky here so I will post all the information I received.

Also anyone in need of "On cooking I have a PDF copy in which I will send to those who need it, I just do not post the entire text online as there is where possible trouble may occur.

Opening and operating a retail bakery. 
By Rick Douglas Crawford.
Opening and Operating a Retail bakery,

I am not sure if you have access to the entire book but it appears the resources are open. Lecture notes power points and videos

http://bcs.wiley.com/he-bcs/Books?action=chapter&bcsId=8505&itemId=1118288432&chapterId=95049


More books on the student companion site 

Good luck and keep cooking!

No comments:

Free Culinary Program in Florida

A free Culinary training program in Central Florida http://www.feedhopenow.org/site/PageServer?pagename=need_stories_culinary